Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: Unknown server task events running in the server task logs

Jump to solution

Can you send me your SR number in private message please?  I would like to check on the progress.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

The update on the SR was

This may well be due to the fact that the correct Media Access Control (MAC) address isn't being added. Go ahead and review this KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52949

And we did see duplicate MAC addresses(Virtual machines) in our infra.

So we are working on this solution now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution
As per the McAfee recommendation, running the below script in the SQL server removed the dependency on the MAC address and it has worked as a perfect solution.

For a system with 00123F as the first six digits of the MAC address obtained in step 1:

INSERT INTO ePOVirtualMacVendor (VendorID) values ('00123F'
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 15

Jump to solution

Glad that worked for you.  Just for information, ePO 5.10 has a section in server settings to add vendor mac id's also so you don't have to do it directly in database.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 15 of 15

Jump to solution

You may have two different issue.

1) for sure your ePO database is fragmented and need to be fixed.  there is a KB for it and the actual sql query to run. I just cannot remember it. It use to available to public, now you need to login to get it (kb67184).

2) If you are running too many server task like me, you need to flush the table that keep track of it and reset the counter. Even though the limit is somewhere near 45billion, mine gets full. Please contact the tech support and ask for this procedure.

Have a great day.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community