cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown server task events running in the server task logs

Jump to solution

Snap.JPGUnknown server task events running on a daily basis and need a root cause for these events. Please find below the description of one event. Automation Server Task Log Server Task Log Details PreviousNext Server Task Log Information Name: Policy "Repo_TCG[STDC53] (McAfee Agent:Repository)" was saved. Comment: Source: Policy Catalog Start Date: 1/9/20 9:11:24 AM CET Duration: Less than a minute User Name: system Status: Completed

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Unknown server task events running in the server task logs

Jump to solution

Hello,

The update on the SR was

This may well be due to the fact that the correct Media Access Control (MAC) address isn't being added. Go ahead and review this KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52949

And we did see duplicate MAC addresses(Virtual machines) in our infra.

So we are working on this solution now.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi Abhijith,

What is the EPO version. Are you using Distributed Repository. If yes, have you created any server task for DR replication.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

The ePO version is 5.9.1. Yes we have created the incremental repository replication task.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

Seems like you have multiple Repo sites which has been configured to update packages by performing incremental repo, due to which the event id has been generated. The below two event id would typically generate depends on its output. 

16004 Distributed Repository Replication succeeded Informational
16005 Distributed Repository Replication failed Informational

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

That is unusual for it to run every day.  When the repository list changes for any reason (new repository, deleted repo, changes to credentials, etc), you will see that, as every repository policy will need to be updated to reflect any repository changes.  So by itself, that is normal behavior.  You will even see that sometimes when an extension is upgraded, as it updates policies also in the background with new settings.  

However, if it is running every day, I would wonder what is changing.  Do you have superagent repositories added/deleted on a regular basis?  If so, you might want to look at where that policy is assigned to prevent wrong systems from becoming superagent repositories.  Also look at the type of systems it is assigned to.  If it is assigned to a system that might be moving around in system tree to get different policies, that isn't a good thing.  Those are some things to look for.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

Hi,

Look at all of your Server Task and see if you have the matching name. If yes, then you know the answer.

If NO, then you may have the following.

1) Log as a superuser to  the ePO that will enable you to see everything. You may not be the super user.

2) You may have to Re-Index the database.

3) You may have the Server Task that is hidden from the ePO console; however, it does exist in the ePO database. If you suspect this, then the best is to create a service request. I do not recommend to go around the ePO database if you are new to it.

Have a great day.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

That is no task that runs on any schedule.  It is something that occurs when there is a change to the sitelist in any way, it has to update all the policies.  So you need to find out what is changing the sitelist that frequently and has nothing to do with replication or anything but a change to the list of repositories.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the Analysis.

Yes, we do have a issue with the agents installed in the Virtual machine, the agent disappears suddenly in the ePO console and it appears only after logging in to the machine and clicking on send events.

We have raised a separate SR for that issue and hoping this issue gets resolved once the virtual machine issue is resolved.

Regards,

Abhijith A

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

That will definitely do it.  You might want to temporarily use non-virtual machines for repos instead till your other issue is resolved.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Straight away we will not be able to change the repositories to Non-virtual as it surely requires approvals. So we are just waiting for McAfee to resolve the VDI issue which will resolve all the issues in the Infra.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community