sasu
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Unknown error 10 during installation of MSME8.6

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

does anyone can explain me what the server-task-protocol wants to tell me with:
"An unknown return code was sent by the Immediate Execution task: 10" (Sorry, we are using a german Windows, so the translation is just my interpretation)

What I did: I start the installation of MSME 8.6 by pushing a client-task  from our ePO 5.9.1 to an Exchange Server 2013 based on a Windows 2012R2 server - the 5.5.1 McAfee Agent.

So...does the installation is waiting for a server reboot or what is the problem? I didn't find any hints for it 😞

Sunny greetings,

Sascha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sasu
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Re: Unknown error 10 during installation of MSME8.6

Jump to solution

Hi@All:

Here is the official answer from the McAfee Support:

"It's a timeout issue - if it doesn't complete before the timeout it will show as a failure even if it does actually complete the deployment after that time."

So...waiting for a while and the installation will be finished - in my case it worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

It all depends on where the error occurs.  There are 2 types of failures for pushing products, one being on the agent side and one on the point product or client side.

When the agent part fails, it is shown in the mcscript log and those failures are typically unable to get the files from repository.  That log is found in c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs.

Once files are received by the agent, then it executes the setup.  That is where it is handled off to the installer and the agent part is done.  Most of our products log the install logs in windows\temp\mcafeelogs folder.  There you would look at the install log for msme to see where it failed and would probably need to get with that point product team to figure out any errors.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

sasu
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution
Hi cdinet,

thank’s a lot for your gladly assist.
I did not find the error code in the logfiles you mentioned. I decide me to open a support ticket. Maybe I am doing something wrong during the installation.

As soon as I got the solution, I will post it here.

Regards,
Sascha
sasu
Level 8
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi@All:

Here is the official answer from the McAfee Support:

"It's a timeout issue - if it doesn't complete before the timeout it will show as a failure even if it does actually complete the deployment after that time."

So...waiting for a while and the installation will be finished - in my case it worked fine.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community