cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall EPS and install VSE in same deployment task

Hello, Is there a way to uninstall EPS and install VSE in the same deployment task? What I envision is uninstall packages in the deployment task (which currently work fine), then after those an install of VSE. The problem is that it seems to attempt the packages out of order (randomly), often trying to install VSE before the uninstallation of EPS takes place and of course fails. Ordering from top to bottom or bottom to top doesn't seem to matter. What I am trying to do is simply tie this to a tag, so you tag a system and it will roll back EPS to VSE when its called for. This is needed for some legacy vpn applications we still are required to support. They don't detect EPS as a valid AV product.
1 Reply
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Uninstall EPS and install VSE in same deployment task

There is no way to define an order for removing ens first and then installing vse in the task.  You would do better to have 2 separate tasks, maybe about 10-15 minutes apart with no randomization.  Also, the removal of ens may need a reboot, which could potentially cause the VSE install to fail till a reboot occurs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community