cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mp397
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Unexpected error occurred - cannot edit policies in ePO 5.10 for Endpoint Security Threat Prevention

Hello,

I'm configuring my ePO 5.10 Update 10 server for the first time. I have checked in the packages for Endpoint Security 10.7, both Common/Platform and Threat Prevention, as well as its corresponding extensions. For some reason, when I navigate to the Policy Catalog, I can't update any of the policies under "Endpoint Security Threat Prevention" - they all bring me to the same page stating "An unexpected error has occurred." I tried rebooting the server, as well as removing and re-adding the packages and extensions with no luck.

Below is the error in my stderr.log that prints when this issue occurs:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [PolicyMgmt] in context with path [/PolicyMgmt] threw exception [javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: error including body content] with root cause

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I mimicked this same build and configuration process in a lab environment before creating this server instance and had no issues there.

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unexpected error occurred - cannot edit policies in ePO 5.10 for Endpoint Security Threat Preven

What are the extension builds you checked in?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Re: Unexpected error occurred - cannot edit policies in ePO 5.10 for Endpoint Security Threat Preven

logging unexpected errors.
First do this:
1- Edit server\conf\orion\orion.properties
2- Replace 'orion.exception.show.detail=false' with 'orion.exception.show.detail=true'
3- Restart Tomcat

Then reproduce the issue. Instead of "unexpected error" the console should give you a jstack trace.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mp397
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply!

ENS extension builds are the following:

• Endpoint Security Platform 10.7.0.621
  • Endpoint Security Threat Prevention 10.7.0.657
  • Endpoint Security for Linux License 10.6.8.103

After the orion.properties change, I'm able to see the full stack of errors now, but I do work on a closed system and it would take a few days to transfer a copy of all the errors if you need it. Are there any specifically I can look out for?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Hello @mp397 

Thanks for your response.

I tried checking KB94079 for minimum supported extensions version and it seems the versions you listed is not supported ePO 5.10 CU10.

Please refer the below article and click on the Extensions that require an update

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB94079

Please upgrade the extensions to the latest version and then try to navigate.

Once the extensions will get upgraded, You will not see any issues while checking the policies.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community