Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 15

Re: Understanding 'Run Immediately'.

The same is true if you update any extension for the agent or even epo patch install might reset it.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 15

Run immediately means that as soon as the agent checks into epo and gets the task, it will invoke it at that time and not run again, even if it failed the first time.  The only time it will run again is if there is any modification at all to the task or the assignment, which would also include updating product versions in master repository, upgrading agent extensions, editing anything at all in the task or assignment for it.

The masvc log on the client will show it getting the task and invoking it (c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs)

The mcscript (or mcscript-deploy log, depending on agent version) will show whether it was able to get the required files or not and invoke setup.

These are all agent side successes or failures.  If it succeeds on these points, then it becomes a point product failure or success.

The product install logs are located in windows\temp\mcafeelogs.  You would want to check those for any install failures, if it got to that point.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Thank you for this outstanding explanation. I appreciate the log file information as well.,
This is very helpful.
Much appreciated.
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 15

Glad to help!  If this has answered your questions, please go ahead and mark as solved.

Was my reply helpful?

Level 11
Message 15 of 15

Thanks for the clarification, cdinet!

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community