Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rob_v
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Unable to use AD Import after upgrade from 4.6.6 to 5.0.1

Hello All,

This is my first post on this site so my apologies if I unintentionally breech any etiquette

After upgrading to 5.0.1 none of my import jobs are functioning (on 2 EPO servers, Prod and DR)

I have 4 main domains from which I pull from Infrastructure and Customer OUs.

I have registered LDAP domains for each of these.

I've seen a couple of posts that looked similar to my issue but the solutions to these did not work for me.

The problem exists on both of the upgraded servers and although has slightly different symptoms, has the same overall effect on both (AD imports fail).

Excerpt from server task log:

8/29/13 1:06:16 PM

Synchronization point XXXX failed to connect to active directory server XXXX.XXXX.XXX, user: null\null

8/29/13 1:06:16 PM

Synchronization point XXXX failed to connect to active directory server XXXX.XXXX.XXX, user: null\null

I've tried deleting the registered LDAP server, the node in the system tree and setting the AD Import job no 'None' - I restarted the EPO services and then reconfigured as previously. Still had the same outcome.

One the DR server I could not edit one of the LDAP servers - just had to delete and recreate. Ended up being kind of circular because once I'd recreated everything (all connection tests work fine) and then told it to sync it would fail in the same manner and if I tried to edit the registered LDAP server I just got the message 'resource not available'. Had to delete again and recreate once more. In Prod I can edit the LDAP servers fine but still get the same failure with the user null/null entry in the task log.

One thing that be relevant is that whenever i tried to recreate the AD import jobs I would select the relevant registered domain but when I went to browse AD it would default to one domain and the domains I wished to pull from could not be browsed.

Hope someone can help

Thanks

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community