cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update ePO server from version 5.9 to 5.10

Jump to solution

When I run the ePO 5.10.0 REFRESH 3 (Setup.exe) installer, the InstallShield window appears. The "NEXT" button is not active, and so the window hangs for an infinite amount of time. There are no errors in the event manager, there are no errors when launching the installer, there are no notifications. When you click on the "CANCEL" button, nothing happens, the InstallShield window does not closeimage.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: Unable to update ePO server from version 5.9 to 5.10

Jump to solution

Thanks, please email me the first 4 logs - zip them up together.

caryn_dinet@mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

When you run setup, are you right-clicking on it and choosing run as administrator?  If not, please do so even when you are logged onto the server as admin.

Also, in %temp%\mcafeelogs directory, are there any install logs there at all for the setup?  You may have to go back to the root of that temp directory to that mcafeelogs folder if the $temp$ puts you in a temp\2\ directory or some other session number.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
I tried to run as administrator, but this did not work.

Yes, i have temp\2\McAfeeLogs folder with .txt files.
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

What are the text files?  They should be .log format - an epo msi log.  If you don't see epo install logs, go back out of the 2 directory and to temp\mcafeelogs to look for them there. 

Also, I tried to run as administrator, but this did not work

What do you mean exactly by that?  What did not work? 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

image.png

you want this files right?

I ran the installer on behalf of the administrator, but there was no effect, the next button is not active, waited for about 1 hour, when I try to close the installer window, nothing happens, does not respond.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks, please email me the first 4 logs - zip them up together.

caryn_dinet@mcafee.com

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community