Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

Unable to remove McAfee Agent - ePO Managed

Alright, I have been all over the place and can't seem to find a solution that works.  I have one computer that is having issues with McAfee Endpoint Security.  Windows 10 will not allow updates because of McAfee.  I have attempted to uninstall it but it won't uninstall.  I have attempted to use Windows Uninstaller and the screen will come up asking me to allow the process to run, I say yes, I see a progress bar come up and goes away but the application does not remove.  I was able to finally get Agent to uninstall but the other elements still exist and they won't go away.  

I have also attempted to run MVSUninst.exe and that runs and tells me to reboot but when I reboot, the applications are still there. 

I attempted to go through the manual removal but I can't get the processes to stop so I can't get very far.  

I also created an uninstall group through ePo and moved that machine to it but that didn't help.  To make sure I did the setup of that correct, I put another machine into the same group and the program uninstalled itself.  

I am logged into the computer as the global admin as well.

When I pull the uninstall log, I get error code 1603,.  

Any suggestions?  I don't want to have to wipe and start over on the PC but if that is the only option, then I have no other choice.  

17 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 18

Re: Unable to remove McAfee Agent - ePO Managed

In order to remove the remaining software, plesae open a ticket with McAfee Support requesting the removal tool - which is designed to remove damaged installations. 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 18

Ok, I am lost on that response as I am understaning, from all searches that I have done and found even on this forum, that the removal tool for McAfee is MVSUninst.exe and I have that.  Is there another one that I should be using?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 18

Correct. MVSUninst.exe is the removal tool for consumer products.  Endpoint security is a managed enterprise product and has its own removal utility - however it is not customer facing and must be provided via the service request process.   

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 18

jlarner,

Have you contacted support for the latest removal tool?  Only available if you create a ticket.

HTH,

DocB

boschind
Level 10
Message 6 of 18

ask mcafee support for latest MFERemoval100.exe removal tool

it works 99%

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 18

That tool is being retired, there is a different one now, so don't request it specifically by name.  You want the new one, not the one mentioned by name.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

boschind
Level 10
Message 8 of 18

when it has been retired? i got mferemoval from support on 16-5-2018
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 18

Possibly the end of this quarter.  They should not be giving that one out anymore, but it is possible not everyone reads their notices :).  The one you have will still work for now, but it will no longer be updated when it expires or new versions are released. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

boschind
Level 10
Message 10 of 18

to be precise , support gave me MFERemoval101_q2_1587
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community