Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Unable to push out deployments to remote PCs

Jump to solution

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem with our devices not being able to install deployment pushes when working remotely on our new 5.10 EPO server setup. We do have an agent handler in our DMZ setup and working, and devices are able to manually check-in via a collect/send props. I am able to change some things, like decryption requests via policy change will be received and handled, but not deployment requests for things like uninstall encryption, install encryption, or agent version updates.

I have also tried connecting the remote devices to vpn, but deployments still won't make it through. Any ideas would be helpful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: Unable to push out deployments to remote PCs

Jump to solution

How are you pushing the deployments?  If you are trying to use a run client task now type task, that isn't going to work over vpn or to external clients.  The reason being is that they would be using a natted IP address that epo can't resolve.  The only way that would work is if you have a dxl broker that the clients can connect to.

The solution, as long as your clients can talk to epo and communication shows current in epo, is to set up assigned client tasks in the system tree and don't use run client task now.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 8
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

This may be moved to a different support area since it's a bigger issue than just drive encryption.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @JKdc ,

This seems to be post for EPO point product.

I would get this post moved to EPO forum

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

How are you pushing the deployments?  If you are trying to use a run client task now type task, that isn't going to work over vpn or to external clients.  The reason being is that they would be using a natted IP address that epo can't resolve.  The only way that would work is if you have a dxl broker that the clients can connect to.

The solution, as long as your clients can talk to epo and communication shows current in epo, is to set up assigned client tasks in the system tree and don't use run client task now.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Level 8
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thanks, yes I was trying a run client task. We aren't currently using the DXL broker. I will look into the assigned client tasks routine for these remote devices. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community