cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6

Hi

I try to either run a task to purge the Audit Log or go into the audit log screen and select purge. It sits there for like 20-30 minutes and it doesnt matter what period I select to purge eg 1 month or 6 months. It always fails. There are no other clues to tell me why that i can see.

Im running EPO 4.6. Can anyone helps as my database is now over 22gb and growing. I just would like to clear the audit log down.

many thanks

Tony

4 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Unable to purge Audit log within EPO 4.6

You're maybe having some problem with the purge task because of some inconsistency or something similar.

What you can try is to delete some events through OSQL commands and see if it works:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51873

spamidi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Please post the Orion*.log file(s) as an attachment soon after attempting to reproduce the issue. Are you able to purge any other logs apart form the Audit Log?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

hi after running the purge option the last entries within the orion.log are as follows.....

2012-06-06 11:07:53,033 ERROR [pool-7-thread-1] daemon.AvertService  - Exception while executing the AvertAlerts command

com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: POST Command got unexpected HTTP Status:0

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:1025)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invokeCommand(CommandInvoker.java:761)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:750)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:626)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:600)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:778)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:786)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.daemon.AvertService$AvertDaemon.run(AvertService.java:138)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:317)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:150)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:98)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:181)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:205)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: POST Command got unexpected HTTP Status:0

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.sendSoapRequest(AvertAlertsClient.java:102)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.getReport(AvertAlertsClient.java:135)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.myavert.AvertAlertsClient.getReportByName(AvertAlertsClient.java:202)

at com.mcafee.epo.avertalerts.command.AvertWebService.invoke(AvertWebService.java:93)

at com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandInvoker.invoke(CommandInvoker.java:988)

... 16 more

many thanks

Tony

spamidi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

I am afraid those messages are not relevant. Please attach the orion*.logs after attempting to reproduce the issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community