Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
metebar
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 16

Unable to connect to Database Server

Unsure what has happened, but I'm unable to get into the login page of McAfee ePO. The webpage does not load in and when launching ePOIP, I get an error that says "Unable to connect to database server."

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

15 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 16

Re: Unable to connect to Database Server

Is the SQL instance/ DB up and running and reachable from the ePO server? please perform a test.udl as mentioned on the article below:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70929

If that test is successful  then ensure that all ePO services are started and if they are please try to access the config page by following "solution 3" from the below article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69850

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

metebar
Level 7
Message 3 of 16

Hi there, 

The error message I get when testing connectivity is "unable to login due to prelogin failure. Connection failed."

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 16

is that doing the test UDL? if yes then it looks like the user has some issues with remote login maybe is not enabled? 

i would try creating a new SQL user, assign permissions to the ePO DB (KB75766) and try that on the test UDL and if it works then subsequently on the config page (db.properties)

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

metebar
Level 7
Message 5 of 16

Yes, it's using the test UDL. I updated the password for the user, but no luck. It just looks like our sql server can't connect to the mcafee server. Is there a way I can establish a connection between the two?

savidudu
Level 10
Message 6 of 16

Try looking the Orion.log and sql error logs 

also check dB.prop and see whether the password is encrypted or not.

You can try changing the password from core/config and check the error.

Thanks 

metebar
Level 7
Message 7 of 16

That is part of the problem, I'm unable to get to https://localhost:port/core/config
savidudu
Level 10
Message 8 of 16

Check Orion.log and see is there anything with the partially installed extensions or something related to the database.

Also please check the status of all the three ePO services (Services.msc)

thanks 

metebar
Level 7
Message 9 of 16

Thanks, I'll check the logs.
Application Server and Server are running. Event Parser throws and error that says it will not run if it's not being used. Everything is also installed correctly, it just stopped working after a snow storm knocked out the power. 

savidudu
Level 10
Message 10 of 16

Event parser is responsible for the connectivity to the database .

I will suggest you to check the eventparser log .

if needed please create a new sa account and then map it with the db.prop file and save the file.

once the file gets saved try to restart the services and if everything goes good then you will see the password is encrypted .

here is the kab article for your reference :

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84438&locale=en_US

refer solution 1

before making any changes please take the back up with the help of KB66616.

thanks 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community