Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 17

Unable to click save when trying to create a task in EPO 5.9.1

Jump to solution

System = Windows 2012 R2

EPO=5.9.1

System=Offline

Hi All I recently installed McAfee EPO on a offline 2012R2 server, the issues I am having is creating Task.  When I go to create a task, an Iframe window opens when the "create new task is pressed" to specify the task.  The issue I am having is once I select my options within the iframe window and click save, nothing happens.  It's like the button is unresponsive. The cancel button is also unresponsive. 

Any assistance is welcomed.  I am hoping it is not a windows update that is causing the issue, my VMs do not have the same issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 17

Re: Unable to click save when trying to create a task in EPO 5.9.1

Jump to solution

Wow, guys after days and hours we solved the issue.  

Somehow somewhere, from the install of Windows through the windows update process the 

about:blank gets removed from the trusted sites.  I added it and bame we have a functioning button again. 

I want to thank all you guys for your attempt to help.  I am not sure if this is caused by a windows update at some point. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 17

Jump to solution

Please try with different browser.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 17

Jump to solution

I did and it works with Firefox.  The issue is Firefox will divate from our software security baseline.  I have not had this issue before and I have installed various versions of EPO.  I want to point at either a missing cert or a windows IE patch.  I was just looking to see if there was any fix. 

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 17

Jump to solution

Please make sure that ePO URL is added to IE trusted site. Also try in compatibility mode.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 17

Jump to solution

That has also been tried.  Still nothing.  It's like the save button is not exectuting the command 

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 6 of 17

Jump to solution
I recall an issue in older versions of EPO (5.3.2) that required a hotfix, but I'm afraid it was probably nearly 2 years ago I encountered the problem and I doubt the HF would apply in 5.9.1
-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 17

Jump to solution

Hi guys,
Mcoffee, Yes, ePO 5.3.2 had Hotfix 1144868 released (PD26596) to address a 'save' button grayed out issue!
More information on that can be read here:

Unable to save a process or file path in the On-Access Scan policy for Endpoint Security, MOVE Antivirus, VirusScan Enterprise, Advanced Threat Defense for Threat Intelligence Exchange using ePolicy Orchestrator 5.3.2
Technical Articles ID: KB87371

That HF and this version of ePO (5.9.1) have that ‘fix’ as part of its code base.

puertorock a question about the browser as it is installed on W2K12r2; you mention it’s IE, and supplied to you and is in line with your security policy, what version is IE and does it have MS update : 2919355 installed/can it have said update applied to it?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17

Jump to solution

Hawk,

I am not sure what you are asking.  If you want to know the version of IE its 11.0.75 KB434205.  

Are you saying that the HF for 5.3.2 will work on version 5.9.1?  

Also I did a inspection of the Save button element.  If we remove the colon after,  onlick="fnCtawDialogSaveAction();    " The button works but errors.

Thanks in advance for any assitance.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 17

Jump to solution

Sorry Hawk,

I miss understood what you wrote, that KB is indeed installed.  We have sucessfully deployed on VM machines that are connected to the internet. But for some odd reason our offline system is having the issue.  If you could give me a list of all applicable Hotfixes for 5.9.1 so that I can ensure we have installed all of them it may assist.  I am not sure if our VMs were set to auto update EPO

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 17

Jump to solution

Are you accessing this from the epo server itself or other client systems?  If you add it to local intranet instead of trusted sites, does it make any difference?  Do you see any certificate errors when the console page is accessed?  I don't see any hotfixes that address this.  Since it works on other browsers, it is typically due to hardening on the system or specific browser that is being used.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community