Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

UPDATE FAIL TO DOWNLOAD EPO 4.6

Hello all,

Please i need a help from some body. we were using EPO 4.0  but recently was upgraded to to 4.6 then everything stop working, after we decided to do a new fresh installation of the application and successfully

have now a new server working, my issues is to download update from he master repository . I keep on having the message update failed. so since after the installation we have not be able to download new update.

thank for quick responses

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: UPDATE FAIL TO DOWNLOAD EPO 4.6

To give any sort of helpful answer I'd need data on exactly why the repository pull task is failing. First take a look at the server task log (Menu | Automation | Server Task Log) and see what error is provided for the failure. Beyond that take a look at the epoapsvr.log (located here by default: <ePO Install directory>\DB\Logs) immediatly after the pull task fails and it should provide a meaningful error.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

hi kindly find the ER NO (12007) when i tried to pull donw update this morning.

secondly, some other systems on the network are  not reporting to the EPO server. they giving this error message agent failed to communicating to epo server but other are reporting and working correctly. please your help count a lot here .

Highlighted

For the systems that are reporting agent failed verify they have different GUIDs.

You can do this by looking at the registry key : hklm\software\Wow6432Node\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent:AgentGUID

or

hklm\software\Network Associates\ePolicy Orchestrator\Agent:AgentGUID

Otherwise check by right clicking on the Tray Icon and go to McAfee Agent Status Monitor > Agent Settings > Agent ID

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community