Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOSITCS
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Trying to Exclude a File from Being Scanned

I'm lost and I hope someone can help.  I thought this was a simple process but no matter what I've tried thus far I can't seem to convience McAfee OAS not to scan a file.  The file in question is on one of our file servers and it is source code for an application.  The file extension is (exe).  I have modified the OAS properties on the server and specified the exe as a "Low Risk Process" and also went to the Exclusions tab on OAS, clicked Exclusions, and added the file path to file in question.  I have EPO setup to send me notifications whenever a "Virus Detected, and not removed" event is received.  This is more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'd really like to figure this out.  Here is what my alert reports;

Rule Defined At: Directory

Rule Group At: My Organization

Description: Notifications sends an e-mail message when "Virus Detected and Not Removed" events are received.

Number of events: 1

Affected Systems Names: XXXXXXXX

Source computer IP addresses: Not Available

Actual threat names: New Malware.cn

Actual products: VirusScan

Affected Objects: D:\Software\Server\SosApps\SOSKB\SourceCode\Dev\SOSKB\Release 14.3\Net\KB\Services\KBPrintServer\bin\abcpdf2.exe

For additional information, see the Notification Log in the ePolicy Orchestrator console.

1 Reply
SOSITCS
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Trying to Exclude a File from Being Scanned

I figured it out.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community