Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thenry
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

Trying to Checkin Packages for McAfee Agent 5.7.6 in Software Catalog

Jump to solution

Installed the extension for 5.7.6 and its components (msgbus updater and agent key updater) continued to check-in the MA 576 package for Linux and it was successful. However, when I check-in the packages for MA576 for Mac or Windows the logs tell me check in was successful but the software catalog still shows it as not checked in. I have already attempted to manually check-in, and the same issues arises..ePO tells me the package was successfully checked in yet it still shows up in the software catalog at not checked in.

Any Ideas on why the 5.7.6 agent won't check in to epo.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

Re: Trying to Checkin Packages for McAfee Agent 5.7.6 in Software Catalog

Jump to solution

You can get procmon here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

What version shows in the master repository?  If you download the file and check it in manually, does that change?  Does the orion log show any errors, server task log, or epoapsvr log for checking in the package?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

thenry
Level 8
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

in the master repository the only Mcafee Agent product that shows is 5.7.6 for Linux.. we were previously deploying 5.7.5 and those were blown out when I downloaded the 5.7.6 ePO extension.

The Orion log shows no errors and the epoapsvr log just shows successful software download. ill attach the server task log that shows it was a successful checkin..but the software is still not in the master repository or the software catalog-- i also checked to see if it would show up when trying to create a client task, but it does not.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

The extension should not have changed anything in master repository.  Check in the version of the agent that you want to deploy, then check your deployment task to ensure the value isn't blank.  It will go blank when version changes, so you have to reset that task.

Was my reply helpful?

thenry
Level 8
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

Thats my issue. The Agent will not check-in, I have tried to manually check in 5.7.5 and 5.7.6 and I get th "check in successful" but the agent is not in the master repository or software catalog. It still shows as not checked in after "successful" check-in

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Please open a ticket then so we can check the logs.  Send me your SR number please in private chat.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

20220415142408 E #22436 SITEMGR CheckInPkg.cpp(1357): Failed to copy to master repository C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\Server\temp\rman56872\FrameworkPackage.exe to C:\PROGRA~2\McAfee\EPOLIC~1\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\FrameworkPackage.exe, error 5

Error 5 is access denied.  You have Carbon Black installed on the server, which is fine, but you need to check the logs for that software and the settings.  We have seen it block actions that epo is trying to do.

If that isn't the problem, then run procmon while trying to check in the package and upload it to your case with corresponding epoapsvr logs showing the time of the error and we can maybe identify what might be blocking this and causing the access denied.

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

You can get procmon here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Was my reply helpful?

thenry
Level 8
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

We have CB EDR it just alerts on new process or binaries no block action is set.

I will run the procmon and upload the results.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

Ok thanks

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community