cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandara
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

To automate the Master Repository upgrade and product pull to maintain (n-1) version for all product

I am looking for automating upgrade/pull of all the products in master repository to maintain n-1 product version. Can someone help me how to achieve this? However, we have pull repository task scheduled to update the contents regularly.
2 Replies
Blekk
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Re: To automate the Master Repository upgrade and product pull to maintain (n-1) version for all pro

Hello

Go to server tasks > create a task to pull a master repository and choose actions > repository pull > source site http > package types  > and select the package which you require to update.

Configure the schedules . Save

Best Regards
Norbi

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: To automate the Master Repository upgrade and product pull to maintain (n-1) version for all pro

Repository pull only pulls content, it will never pull full products or patches.  That is a manual process through software catalog.  If you want to always have nothing but the latest of everything, then that can be achieved by migrating to MVision where it is managed by McAfee.

We don't automate that so that we do not impact customer environments in on prem - most need to test and control what is in their environment better.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community