cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threat Event Log entries disappear after Migrating to BackUp ePO & deletion of system from Main ePO

Hello,

We are having two ePO's running in two different server on 2 different network. Lets say the main ePO we call as ICC, where all the EndPoints are managed. And the Second ePO is BackUp ePO server we can call as BICC.

Below are the steps we performed for migration

• EndPoints were moved from ICC ePO to BICC ePO
  • Deleted these  endpoints in the System Tree of ICC ePO (Logs were available), as at this period they are now managed by BICC ePO.
  • After 48-hour, same EndPoints were switched back  to ICC ePO. 
  • Deleted these endpoints in the System Tree of BICC ePO, as they are now managed by ICC ePO.
  • We checked the Threat Event Log of BICC ePO only after the 48-hour test.
  • There were no logs for those Endpoints.

Is this normal scenario?

3 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Threat Event Log entries disappear after Migrating to BackUp ePO & deletion of system from M

Could you please create a Service request and we will take a look at this data

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Threat Event Log entries disappear after Migrating to BackUp ePO & deletion of system from M

Thanks @aguevara,  i will open a SR.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

That would also depend on whether any events were sent or not during the 48 hour period and whether any events were purged for the same time frame.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community