Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AP1980
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

The task failed to run: error adding task log entry for userId= 95

Jump to solution

We restored our ePO from a ePO snapshot and reinstalled it. Now we get an error whenever we try to run any tasks: 

The task failed to run: error adding task log entry for userId= 95

Furthermore, the master repository doesnt update, its showing on the dashboard as:

The last master repository pull as at 3/6/20 and was successful.

Which is some 5 days ago now, when the restore and reinstallation was completed. It seems i can manually check in a package and run an update from the client side and it will install it, if i run the send agent events then it will also report back to the ePO server, so it seems that its the ePO end thats 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AP1980
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Re: The task failed to run: error adding task log entry for userId= 95

Jump to solution

Turns out the migration was successful and done as it should have been.

The issue was with the DB and the transaction logs needing to be purged as they were causing issues  due to their size. The automated tasks couldn't run to compete the purge etc. This is a known issue in ePO 5.9 apparently, resolved in 5.10. Manually tidied up and purged a lot, all working fine now, and the console is now rapidly responsive.

All turns out well in the end 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi,

May i know the EPO version with build number. Does Orion log says anything...? Are there any deadlock on Orion log....? How did you exactly restored your ePO. I mean what are the steps did you perform to restore your ePO.

Also what is the error are you getting when you try to update Master Repository. Is Client able to communicate. 

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Check also server log and epoapsvr log in the db\logs directory for errors.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

AP1980
Level 8
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Turns out the migration was successful and done as it should have been.

The issue was with the DB and the transaction logs needing to be purged as they were causing issues  due to their size. The automated tasks couldn't run to compete the purge etc. This is a known issue in ePO 5.9 apparently, resolved in 5.10. Manually tidied up and purged a lot, all working fine now, and the console is now rapidly responsive.

All turns out well in the end 🙂

View solution in original post

LKS
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Glad to hear that...🙂

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community