cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The list of unmanaged systems in the tree is long. Majority of them are long gone

I was under the impression that "Inactive Agent Cleanup Task" will clean up all the "dead wood" from the system tree. Am I mistaken?
5 Replies
jsubbura
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: The list of unmanaged systems in the tree is long. Majority of them are long gone

Hi @User86150689 ,

You are correct,

This is a default server task in epo - inactive agent cleanup task. If you make sure not to choose to remove agent when it deletes the systems, then if they come back online at a later date, they will check back into epo.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-product-guide/page/GUID-11F6D4D7-2EAE-467...

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

Re: The list of unmanaged systems in the tree is long. Majority of them are long gone

Well,  I have that task setup as per manual page you referenced and nothing gets deleted.  When I run Inactive Clients query it doesn't pickup any systems.  Like I said I have a bunch of unmanaged systems in the ePO db that are long gone from our AD/network.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

Hello @User86150689 

Thanks for your response.

What if you are executing the Inactive Agent from Query and Reports?

Does this one is picking up something, If yes try to delete machines from there.

If the machines are not available in the AD and by any chance the agent is available on those machine in that case whenever the machine will communicate is will appear back in the ePO System Tree.

If you want to remove the machines permanently from the system tree in that case, Please go to the server task and select the 

But this is going to apply for all the machines, If any machine will match the criteria it will get removed.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

uday-
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

You can clean up the unmanaged machines from the EPO system tree by reconfiguring the Active directory synchronization. 

Navigate to EPO>>system tree>> select the group where you have configured the AD sync >>select Group details Tab>>Edit on Synchronization tab>> scroll down find the option "When systems are deleted from the synchronization point: " and select "Delete systems from systems tree" and save the task.

Upon next synchronization, The AD sync task will ensure to remove the unmanaged machines which are stale /removed(deleted) in AD OUs and add/move the systems accordingly.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply, and together we can help other members?

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Inactive Agent query will target only machines which are not communicated for 30 days and in 'managed state'. Please look at filter tab of the query.

If you want to delete 'unmanaged' machines then you can create query with filter 'managed state=unmanaged' and can use it in server task.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community