RE: Systems stuck on 5402

always a pleasure 🙂

PS: stupid forum, i cannot add more than 4 smiles eheh
Travler
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 13

Well, its happened again. This time, out of 2500 systems, 62 servers got stuck on dat 5414. I just happen to be upgrading the CMA today to 3.6.0.608 and this update has "kick-started" these problem systems and they are now updating.

Since the event that triggered my original post involved 90 servers, this issue appears to be related to either 1) server operating systems, or 2) server settings from ePO. Again, the strange thing is that these systems will now probably work fine. For instance, they had no problems going from dat 5403 to 5414.

@massi When I started this thread, all systems were on 3.6.0.574. I am in the process of upgrading all systems to 3.6.0.608. It will be interesting to see if this problem occurs with the new agent.
Travler
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 13

Since my last post, I've got our environment to the latest agent but it has happened again. This time, out of 90 systems involved, only 7 were servers, so I guess the server OS isn't the true culprit. I don't think the OS is involved at all since this has occured on XP, 2000, and server 2000 machines. Its happened on VSE 8.5 Patch 5 and Patch 6 machines, along with 7.1 machines. Its happened on CMA 3.6 patch 3 and patch 4 machines. Its happened when we were on the 5200 Engine and now the 5300 Engine.

However, this last time I kept a good eye on the problem systems and found that almost all of them finally updated automatically 4 days later (the last dat was Thursday's dat; Fri and Sat dat had no effect; Monday morning most machines started updating automatically with Sunday's dat).

BTW, I recreated my Update Task as suggested but this obviously had no effect.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community