Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmichalove
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

System not updating or reporting to ePO console v5.9.0

Jump to solution
We have one system that ill not report to the ePO console v5.9.0 (over 30 days). Two products are have versions that are outdated: 1) Endpoint Security Platform is 10.5.4.4241 should be 10.5.5.5067 2) Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection is 10.5.4.4241 should be 10.5.5.5055 Action taken: 1. Ran existing task Deploy ENS 10.5.4 Task failed with error "Run now task sent an unknown return code 10" Ran for 68 hours 23 minutes before cancelling. 2. Create a task to update Endpoint Security Platform. Task failed with error "Run now task sent an unknown return code 10" Ran for 32 minutes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Re: System not updating or reporting to ePO console v5.9.0

Jump to solution

Oh no, please get away from that version asap - see KB91418.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

MA logs on client machine will help for failure.

bmichalove
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for the comment, I found the logs and need to figure out how to upload to the post.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Please be very careful posting logs to a public forum, as they often contain internal sensitive information that should not be public, such as servernames, IP, etc.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

What agent version are you running?  Have you tried setting up a scheduled task instead of run client task now? 

On the client side, c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\logs is where to go for agent logs. 

The masvc log will show it invoking the task (if it gets that far)

The mcscript, or mcscript deploy log (depends on agent version), will show it getting files from the repository (or failing) and running the setup files, if it gets to that point.  If it does run the setup files, then c:\windows\temp\mcafeelogs is where to go for the ENS install logs to see if there is a failure there or not.  If the agent gets to the point of invoking the setup files, then it is no longer an agent issue, but needs to be investigated by the ENS team.

I would make a couple of suggestions first. 

1.  Upgrade the agent to the latest, if possible - there are some fixes for scheduling issues and other fixes that might cause updates to fail.

2.  If updating is not an option, then disable peer to peer in the agent policy and see if that helps. 

3. If you are running the 5.0.6.220 version, that is problematic and the masvc service crashes on that version, so I would either downgrade it with forceinstall, or preferably upgrade it. 

4. If it is failing on the agent side, as in failing to download files or reach the repository, etc, then see if you can use the url in the mcscript log in the browser to manually download the files.  If the repository is not reachable, then check for firewall, proxy, network issues, etc.

Was my reply helpful?

bmichalove
Level 8
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks for your comments, it looks like there is some valid information to review in the Mscript_deploy.log 

All of the Windows Temp McAfee Logs are dated last Friday when the failure occurred and need to be reviewed.

bmichalove
Level 8
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Forgot to mention the agent version is 5.6.0.878

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Oh no, please get away from that version asap - see KB91418.

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

bmichalove
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Once the agent was upgraded to v5.6.1.157 the system reported to ePO correctly and all ENS components are on  current versions. THANK YOU cdinet

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Glad that helped!

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community