Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

System Sorting

I have ePO 5.10, update 6.

System tree sorting is enabled.

AD synch is not enabled.  We sort based on tags.

Here is my problem:

We have machines that either sit at MyOrg or in another sub group.  If I do a test sort, they will sort correctly.  If i perform an agent wake-up, they'l move into the correct groups on their own.  If I don't do anything, they eventually sort correctly.

Why would this be?  Any thoughts?

10 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 11

Re: System Sorting

There are a couple of things to check.  In server settings, system tree sorting, make sure it is set to sort on asci.

Second, go to system tree, my org, this group and all sub groups, select all systems, directory management and change sort status.  Make sure to check to enable system tree sorting and see if that resolves.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Systems are sorted on each ASCI - yes

Systems have sorting enabled.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

interestingly, though, I looked at the machine that checked in and are stuck at the myorg level -- they all had system sorting disabled. what would be causing that?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

Good question.  How are the systems added to the system tree?  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

we use the agent to add machines, not AD.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 11

Does that occur with new systems added (where system tree sorting is disabled on the system), or were these perhaps already there before system tree sorting was enabled?

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

They appear to be new machines only.  Could that be a result of the agent installation?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 11

Not sure about that.  Is the agent package you are using a new one, or recently generated?  If not, try a new agent package, but other than that, I would suggest opening a ticket so we can get with dev to see what could be done to have the sorting enabled as a default option.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 11

it might be a new one, actually. i'll look into that aspect.

what about the machines that get sorted into a subgroup and then stop? again, if i do a test sort, they sort just fine. if I wake them up, they sort just fine. they also will sort on their own, eventually.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community