cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Agent OS version

Jump to solution

We run a very small proportion of our estate on W2K3 so we have retained an ePO 5.3 instance, the rest of the estate is on the 5.10 instance.  We use the same Distributed Repositories for both the 5.3 and 5.10 instances, can i upgrade the OS on the DR servers to 2019 and still use them on both instances?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

Re: Super Agent OS version

Jump to solution

That is fine.  The thing to look at then if credentials aren't working is to look at share permissions and also security permissions on the folder itself to ensure the replication credentials have write access.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

it shouldnt be a problem, if those are Super Agents then what matters is if Mcafee Agent is supported on that OS, please see the Supported environments article for Mcafee agent:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Jump to solution

They are more Distributed Repositories than Super Agents and have MA agent v5.7.2.162.

When i try to test the Credentials, i get the error message "Credentials are incorrect".  I have checked the creds and copied and pasted them and also typed them in, and it still fails.  All other DR's are using the same creds and they work.

The 'new' DR is a 2019 server, the old ones are 2012.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

I need to clarify something, when you say that those distributed repositories are for both 5.3 and 5.10, does it mean that you are replicating the contents of both ePOs into 1 repository? we do not recommend doing that and keep one repository per ePO

Jump to solution

We have 2 versions of ePO running

• ePO v5.10 uses the :\mcafee_SA share on the Distributed Repository.
  • ePO v5.3 uses the :\McAfee-Repo$ share on the Distributed Repository.

But both of the shares are on the same server.  We have 6 DR's, and they were set up by a McAfee PS consultant.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

That is fine.  The thing to look at then if credentials aren't working is to look at share permissions and also security permissions on the folder itself to ensure the replication credentials have write access.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

to add, we have general recommendations with this article

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB70999

those are for UNC repositories 

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks, I have JUST this minute checked and updated the permissions on the share 😊

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community