cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Standalone system (ENS) to update from ePO distributed repository (McAfee Agent Subject)

Jump to solution

Environment:

Endpoints without access to internet
Only ePO have access to internet
FTP repository replicating from ePO
Some endpoints are standalone ENS installations

ENS 10.7 Standalone (using built in agent for updates)
Trying to update from FTP distributed repository. McAfee http repo not an option since no internet connection.

I uploaded the sitelist.xml to ENS succesfully and the systems can see the FTP repository. However, catalog.z cannot be validate since the repo keys are missing in the endpoint.

I'm aware there was a process for VSE to create a package with McAfee Installation Designer containing the repo keys but

1- Endpoint Package designer does not seem to allow this.
2- I can't find the repokeys.ini in the built in agent of ENS Standalone.

How can I get a standalone ENS to pull the updates from an ePO distribuited repository?
Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Standalone system (ENS) to update from ePO distributed repository (McAfee Agent Subject)

Jump to solution

Refer to KB78490.  You will need to either install an epo managed agent (even if it can't reach epo), or set up a mirror task as an unmanaged repository location for those clients to use.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Standalone system (ENS) to update from ePO distributed repository (McAfee Agent Subject)

Jump to solution

Refer to KB78490.  You will need to either install an epo managed agent (even if it can't reach epo), or set up a mirror task as an unmanaged repository location for those clients to use.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll try that

Install an ePO agent despite no connection to ePO hoping it will containg the repo keys

The customer refuses to user mirror task (local repo in ENS) since claims it used to work fine on VSE.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution
Not sure how it would have unless it had an agent that was managed at one point - it has to have had keys to decrypt the catalog. When you install ENS standalone, it reinstalls the agent in unmanaged mode, which is why you probably see the issue now and not with vse.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community