Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Sorting systems out of Lost and Found based on IP

Jump to solution

Hey all,

I am running EPO 5.10 and want to figure out how to automatically move systems from Lost & found into folders under system tree based on IP.

I tried setting the Sorting criteria on the System tree folders using IP (ex: 192.168.50.0/24) but it does not sort the systems. What I was able to do was to select each system in Lost & Found, and go to Directory > Change Sorting Criteria > Set to enabled. Then it works.  But does that mean every day I have to check for systems in the Lost & found and enable it? Is there a way to do this automatically, so when a system gets in (aka new system gets agent), it can be moved based on IP?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sorting systems out of Lost and Found based on IP

Jump to solution

If you select the machine->actions->directory management->test sort. what is the location ePO shows for machine? Is it 'Lost and found' or 'machine group'?

Also make sure that sorting is enabled in ePO server (configuration->server setting->system tree sorting).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

If you select the machine->actions->directory management->test sort. what is the location ePO shows for machine? Is it 'Lost and found' or 'machine group'?

Also make sure that sorting is enabled in ePO server (configuration->server setting->system tree sorting).

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I think it works now. I changed that Server Settings one and now my new VDI just came into the right server.

Thanks!

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it!  Please mark solution for what resolved your issue for the benefit of others with same question.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

How are new systems being added to system tree?  In server settings system tree sorting, is it enabled and if so, once or on asci?  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
Hello,

Is it possible to automatically sort machines arriving in Lost and Found in the right group through the API? I know the system.move command exists but can't find a way to apply it through a Salt receipe...
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

You can go to https://localhost:8443/remote/core.help to see a list of available commands.  Otherwise you can set up a query in epo to look for systems in lost and found as a table, not chart.  Then you can set up a server task to run that query and change sort status and sort.  That server task can then be run periodically.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community