cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Some EPO dashboards display "This monitor can't be displayed due to an unrecoverable error"

Some EPO dashboards display "This monitor can't be displayed due to an unrecoverable error". In some cases they disappear after refreshing the page in the browser, in some the error stays.
7 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Some EPO dashboards display "This monitor can't be displayed due to an unrecoverable error&

I suspect extension related to corresponding product not running. For example: Assume the query belongs to ENS. Make sure that ENS extension is running under Extension tab.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Re: Some EPO dashboards display "This monitor can't be displayed due to an unrecoverable error&

Have you removed or upgraded any extensions recently?  If you go to the dashboard and note the name of the query that it is running, can you run that specific query from queries and reporting or does it show invalid?  Sometimes on restart of services, it will take a little bit for all the extensions to finish loading and you will see that on initial login, but a refresh should clear it up after they have had a chance to load.  However, if they stay that way, then the query itself needs investigating whether it is still valid or not.  Sometimes after removing or upgrading an extension, queries no longer contain valid parameters, so they can't run.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Hi, I have the same issue on 1 of the user's accounts.  A refresh doesn't resolve any of it.  When I login with my account, it shows all the queries on the dashboard.  I even deleted the user's account and re-created it, but with no success. 

Highlighted

In my case it was not related to any extension.

Go to system tree;

Select This group and all subgroups

Custom Add Virus Scan Product Version 8.8.0.975 and apply this filter.

If you will find client computers with 8.8.0.975.Wrk or 8.8.0.975.Srv they are breaking reports on EPO 5.10.

In order to test remove them from directory management and your VSE DAT deployment will magically reappear. On a long run log to the discovered clients, go to Control Panel and uninstall old McAfee AntiVirus and replace it with the new one.

Highlighted

Thanks, found a few systems, will address it immediately.

Highlighted

Hi, eventually the problem was found. In my case it was a permission setting.

Permission Sets > Data Loss Prevention > Edit > Incident Management > Incident Access by Type > all options should be ticked 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Most issues like that are either the extensions haven't finished loading, or permission issues. For permission issues, you can test this way. Have the user go to the dashboard that is failing with a monitor, get the query name that the monitor should be running, then have them go to queries and try to run that query. It will probably fail there too. Then, check the audit log for lack of permission issues and check the underlying query permissions to ensure that the query is accessible to the users. You may also have to give additional permissions in permission sets - that is where the audit log is helpful in identifying where they are lacking.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community