Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grinder
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Will Not Install

I have roughly 65 machines that I am managing with ePO 4.6  I have a few machines that SiteAdvisor will not install on.  I have the latest full version with patch 1 checked in.  I try to push it out and it fails but I have no idea why.  Everything else installed fine on those machines.  Has anyone had issues like this or know where to look to see what the problem is?

5 Replies
alexn
Level 14
Message 2 of 6

Re: SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.5 Will Not Install

send Agent logs from application data folder and install logs from temp folders.

dmease729
Level 11
Message 3 of 6

Same issue here!  Although not critical as I am just playing around in VMs at present.

- Checked SAE_350_Patch1_Full_Install_ML.zip into Master Repository
- Checked SAEeX_350_Patch1_ML.zip and SAELICeX_35_118.zip into extensions
- Created 'Deploy SAE' SAE deployment task, and sent to XP PRO SP3 host
- Agent logs on target host show success, however nothing appears to have been installed (not showing as managed by agent, not in props, and not showing as installed product in ePO)
- Rebooted XP host and 'run client task now' (same task).  Again, task shows as successfully complete in XP ePO agent logs, however ePO shows that the client task failed (2 greens then a red - taskfailed.jpg)

ePO4.6.3 and agent 4.6.0.1694 if that helps.  VSE8.8P1 also installed with DAT 7033.  Temporarily disabled OA protection to see what happened, but no change, and nothing listed in the relevant %DEFLOGDIR% logs from beforehand.

Agent files from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\McAfeeLogs in Agent.zip
All files from C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\McAfeeLogs in McAfeeLogs.zip

Anywhere else I should be looking?

Any help appreciated 🙂

UPDATE - I think I may be being blind, I cant see anywhere to upload a ZIP?

irtech
Level 8
Message 4 of 6

I am also having the same problem. It no longer installs on new systems and we are running ePO 4.8. I have to install it manually on each system.

regards

G:)

DavHio
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

Ok I know I will bump this now... but I cant find any resolution on this one. As OP states.. Agent reporting successfull installation but nothing is installed. Where is the local installation logs for SiteAdvisor Enterprise?

Anyone?

DavHio
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community