Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Single Sign On

Can I configuration the single sing on to epo? That I like Administrator can open the epo without login?

5 Replies
Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Single Sign On

it would be a security hole for me. I'ts a security management product. It means that if your admistrator goes out of office without locking it's session ,anybody can enter the ePO console and modify things.

Not really a good advice in term of security. For example, in my case, as an ePO console can contain some private life information, access should be restricted and for this reason, an independant login is required.

don't forget that you can use script to generate some actions into ePO with the help of the API without needing to enter into the console

P.Maquoi

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

​, I do NOT recommend it but if you want, you can have your browser remember login information. It is a browser setting.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

But can I use the AD? SSO connect with AD?

tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

SSO is supported in cloud ePO & ePO certificate base authentication, not on on-prem though.

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
ISmith
Level 10
Message 6 of 6

SSO (SAML or similar) for on premise ePO would be very nice and would bolster security. Too bad it doesn't exist.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community