Upgrading from 5.0.1 (Build 228) to 5.1
Window server 2008 R2 Std SP1 64bit
Current build has one ePO server and one ePO dedicated SQL server. Both are VM's with the same OS. No authentication issues until this upgrade.
I'm at the window that asks for Administrator Information with 4 fields.
Username: Tried the db owner SQL account that has a tested simple password unchanged since the previous build AND also tried a few domain admin accounts and the local admin account on the server
Keystore Encryption Passphrase: Tried a complex password, tried to use the same simple SQL password as our db owner account.
Verify Keystore Encryption Passphrase:
No luck thus far.
Any idea what type of password info it's asking for?
This link was unhelpful:
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
The username and password pair need to be for an ePO global admin - by default this account is called "admin".
The keystore passphrase is what will be used to encrypt the ePO snapshots that are saved to the DB, so it can be a completely new passphrase. You can also change it later, so for the purposes of the upgrade you can use something simple like "password".
No luck. The upgrade still fails at the same spot with the same message. It's gotta be a permission issue. I tested with blank passwords and passwords like "admin", but got different failed messages for those attempts that stated no blank passwords and no passwords the same as the username.
The account I logon to the console with as Administrator, but there is no Global Admin option.
I'm on the Users page checking for a Global Admin, but there is no such option.
Manually assigned permissin sets include:
Administrator with a radio button
Selected permission sets with a radio button have:
No Global Admin option though. Same on the permission sets page.
Is there a page or something I'm missing.
The "administrator" permission set is the one we want - the terminology changed slightly in ePO 5. Check that your administrator account has the administrator radio button selected, and if so then this account is the one to use during the upgrade.
I'm guessing you've already done this - if so, the upgrade process should generate a number of logs in a McAfeeLogs folder in the logged-on user's temp folder. can you zip up and attach the whole folder - I'm especially interested in the troubleshooting folder and anything it contains.
Go to Users in ePO console and make your ePO login Id as Global Administrator by edit your user account. I'll suggest to use password without any special characters and see if it works or not.
Hi, Did you manage to fix this? I have the exact same issue.
I'm 100% the account I am using is correct as this is the one i've used any other time I have done an upgrade.
Well ladies and gentlemen, I believe I have cracked it!
On mine at least, hopefully one of you can give this a go and let me know if it does indeed work.
I went back to the very start to look at where I might have gone wrong and noticed that when I first created the migration file I accepted the default path to the ePO server (https://localhost:8443), so instead changed local host to the server name. Re-created the migration file and went back to my new server. Now my new server had an agent and virus scan installed and running (during the previous install attempt I just stopped all of the services) so I decided as a secondary step just to completely remove all McAfee products from this server.
Ran the migration import and then setup and it worked first time, no complaints about the username and password.