Re: Setup cannot connect to the EPO server with the credentials provided
Hi all ... I have quite similar issue here .. .but looks like I've messed up something ...
I was going to migrate from ePO 5.1.0 to 5.1.1
1) Saved new system snapshot 2) Stopped all McAfee services
3) Made a DB dump (DB is on a different server)
4) forgot to save the snapshot of virtual machine
5) Tried to upgrade.
6) realized that I'm not able to find DB password .. so I reset the DB password
7) Then I get to window where I have to enter admin credentials and recovery passphrase. I enter admin and the password, enter something as that recovery passphrase , click NEXT and then I get "The setup program has detected thet ePO services are not running.
Do you want to start the services to continue installation? [YES] [NO]"
If I click NO, I get "Setup cannot connect to theePO server with credentials you provided. Enter a valid user name and password to continue"
If I click YES, then I got message that setup is starting the services (for around 10 minutes) and after that I got the same wrong credentials message.
And - what is bad here, is that I'm also not able to open the ePolicy Orchestrator console ... I just get "This page cannot be displayed" ...
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.
Community Help Hub
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.