Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Servers not showing up in ePO console after upgrade to RHEL 7

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to get servers to report to the console. The services were restarted, and the servers were restarted, but they will now show up in the console. Is there a command that can be run to make the agents on the server report back to the ePO console?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: Servers not showing up in ePO console after upgrade to RHEL 7

Jump to solution

Hi DJones,

Execute the below command to initiate ASCI from client machine. What is the ePO version are you using. Ensure you have relevant Agent version checked in.

/opt/mcafee/agent/bin/cmdagent -p

Switch Description
-p Collect and send properties to the ePO server
-e Enforce policies locally
-c Check for new policies.

The agent contacts the ePO server for new or updated policies, then enforces them immediately on receipt.
-f Forward events to the ePO server
-i Display McAfee Agent information
-h List all switches with their description
-l Set the location of the log file

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi DJones,

Execute the below command to initiate ASCI from client machine. What is the ePO version are you using. Ensure you have relevant Agent version checked in.

/opt/mcafee/agent/bin/cmdagent -p

Switch Description
-p Collect and send properties to the ePO server
-e Enforce policies locally
-c Check for new policies.

The agent contacts the ePO server for new or updated policies, then enforces them immediately on receipt.
-f Forward events to the ePO server
-i Display McAfee Agent information
-h List all switches with their description
-l Set the location of the log file

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, but  this didn't work for us. Can it be a policy issue?

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Did you check the logs I gave you to look at?  Without knowing what errors there are, we can only guess.  There are many reasons for communication failures.  Since communication is a 2-way street, you need to look at both server and client logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon. I don't have access to the logs, but I am trying to get access to the server to look at those log.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

If you at least have access to the agent logs, that is the first error to look at, whether it is even reaching the server or not.  The masvc log will show it failing in 2 manners.  Either it can't get there at all for one reason or another, or it gets a response back from server that possibly rejects the agent for some reason, or some firewall in between.  That log will give you a lot of clues.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 8
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

We had to do the wake up agent from the client server, after deleting the RHEL6 agent on it.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

They should connect back on their own.  You would need to look at the masvc log on the client to see what errors there might be for connecting to epo.  That is located in /var/McAfee/agent/logs folder.  Depending on the error also, you might want to check the server log on the epo server or agent handler the system is talking to for same time frame of communication attempt.  Those are located in epo install directory db\logs.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community