cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server stopped reporting to ePO

I have had 2 servers stop reporting to the ePO in the past 4 days. Does anyone know anything about this? I have attached 2 screenshots from error logs. I have also opened a service ticket.

3 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Server stopped reporting to ePO

What version of the agent are you running?  If the service is crashing, make sure you are at a later version of agent, as there were some crashes fixed in some later versions.  Otherwise, we would need a process dump (procdum -ma -t masvc.exe) and corresponding mer for same time dump was obtained.

In order to get a process dump, you will probably need to disable self protection in the agent policy.  Does it fail to connect consistently or can it connect intermittently to get a policy change?  How frequently is it crashing?  Do you notice that it crashes during an update, policy enforcement, or other functionality?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

2 different servers have failed one time and failed to reconnect, we were able to correct it manually. One occurred Monday and 1 occurred last night. Other than that they seem to be running fine. I have downloaded masvc logs and don't see a major issue.

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

When the system fails to connect, get the masvc log and look for the connection attempt and what the errors were.  There are 2 basic types of failures, but each has many reasons.  

1. agent reaches epo but epo or something in between rejects communication for one reason or another.  Could be the agent sends bad data, or some issue on epo server or agent handler where it can't respond properly

2.  agent never reaches epo or ah at all - possible firewall/proxy/ssl inspection, network issue, dns, etc.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community