cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Server Busy Error Message

Hi All.

All of a sudden all my ePO clients are getting an error in the agent status monitor saying "ePO server is busy". If I restart the ePO server they start working again but then minutes later it fails again.

Any ideas anyone? Im running ePO 4.0 with McAfee Agent 4.0.0.1421

Cheers
Dean
7 Replies
Highlighted

RE: Server Busy Error Message

There's a KB i McAfee's site talking about this problem but only when using MSDE instead of SQLXpress (upgraded from ePolicy Orchestrator 3.6.1 to ePO 4.0):

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60891
Highlighted

Sorry I forgot to mention that my ePO is using SQL 2005 and was a fresh build and not an updrade from 3.6
Highlighted

this is the error i am seeing in the server.log file:

mod_epo Server is too busy (245 connections) to process request
Highlighted

I see the same thing on SQL2000 and was hoping the TID would be correct.
Highlighted

I have checked this morning and I am not seeing the error (for the time being) but I know its going to come back to haunt me some time today. In ePO 3.6 there was a setting where you could say how many connections to allow. Is there a setting like this in ePO 4.0?

Is this ePO denying connections or is it SQL?

Cheers
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 8

ePo, since it using tomcat as webserver, and it has hardcoded limitation of 254 connections.

what SQL SP do you running?
Highlighted

I am running SQL 2005 with SP3. It is installed on the same server as the ePO software.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community