Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Sensor Uninstalls?

Curious as to what makes a RSD go to the uninstall section?

Rogue System Detection > Rogue System Sensors > Uninstalled

looking at a machine that I just installed a RSD yesterday shows in this uninstalled page. When I click on the sensor info it says status is unknown. Yet the machine is managed. What are the conditions that make a sensor go to unknown. Because seems like everyday I have more uninstalled ones. They go to active them right to uninstalled.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11
Message 2 of 13

Re: Sensor Uninstalls?

anybody? had more go to uninstalled over the weekend.

Highlighted

You may check if the machines are marked as sensor blacklist.

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 4 of 13

if they were blacklisted then they wouldn't go back to "active" but to answer your question, I don't have any blacklisted

Highlighted
Level 15
Message 5 of 13

I've had this but it's only because i'm in the middle of migrating machines from one ePO server to a new one.

All RSD Sensor installs that have been redeployed on the new ePO server are now marked as uninstalled on the old ePO server, which is what i would have expected.

Also what type of computers are the Sensor being installed on? There not at the end of VPN tunnels or anything 'funky' like that?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 6 of 13

I would expect that as well. but this is a brand new install from when I first reported this and they are still doing it. Most of the sensors are put on servers but a few are on desktops. But on desktops that I woudl expect to be on everyday.

Level 15
Message 7 of 13

Do the computers have multiple network adapters?

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 8 of 13

Nope, just one

Highlighted

You may also check if there is any RSD uninstallation task assigned for the affected machine from epo console.

If there is no such task, you may get some clue from the following sensor logs.

RSDSEN450-Install-MSI.log (%temp%\McAfeeLogs)

RSDSEN450-Uninstall-MSI.log (%temp%\McAfeeLogs)

RSDSensor_out.log  (Program Files\McAfee\RSD Sensor)

Highlighted
Level 11
Message 10 of 13

there are no uninstalls and no logs pertaining to the Sensor in the %temp%\McAfeeLogs folder. I did look at the RSDSensor_out.log and it doesn't show anything but throttle messages and then http 200 success every 5 mintes due to the throttling. But I see the GUID has changed on some Agents. Why do they change out of the blue?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community