Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

Re: Rouge Sensor Missing

Jump to solution

I check the services but cant find that service in the ePO server.

Hem
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 20

Jump to solution

Is the client machine DHCP client or static? If the client machine is DHCP then do you see the same issue on other subnets of same DHCP? If yes then I will suggest you to restart the RSD sensor service on DHCP server.

If static and you don't see RSD sensor service in the services window then please install RSD sensor on this machine.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 20

Jump to solution

Hello Blackinux...

u'll find RDS service on the Systems with Sensors Installed(Rogue Sensors Systems)

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 14 of 20

Jump to solution

Great i got to restart de service at the machine. Now, how do i make de ePO to see again? Do i need to resintall de Sensore again so it can see ti?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 20

Jump to solution

Hello Blackinux.

Have you checked ePO, does that particular sensor is now Active?.....OR you are unable to view that Sensor at all? if this is the case u need to reinstall....

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 16 of 20

Jump to solution

If you restarted the service then you should go to that machine click on the McAfee Icon and then open the status monitor and hit collect and send props  then open yoiur Rouge sensor interface and see if its there you can also go to that system under systems tree and submit a wake up agent to and wait for 10 minutes

blackinux wrote:

Great i got to restart de service at the machine. Now, how do i make de ePO to see again? Do i need to resintall de Sensore again so it can see ti?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 17 of 20

Jump to solution

I think am getting the hang of this. I found a machine with the service, i restart it but nothing, then went to the epo tagged the machine and reintalled the sensor but still waitting after wakeup command. Do i have to delete it from the epo so it can discover it again? by the way that will be 1 machine. there are 484 more that are still in the missing state. thanks again for the help.

greatscott
Level 12
Message 18 of 20

Jump to solution

There is no need to re-install the sensor. Just restart the McAfee RSD service in the MMC services console. If for some reason it is still not talking after you run a collect and send props, then you should uninstall/reinstall the sensor.

If for some reason it is still not working, I would check your firewall and perhaps also uninstall the agent/all endpoints and reinstall.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 19 of 20

Jump to solution

After giving it sometime. I finally got them back. It was that we had move the server to a new location, the ip had change but not the policy. So i change the ip to the new address... Presto! there back. Thanks everyone for the help!

View solution in original post

ptrainor
Level 7
Message 20 of 20

Jump to solution

A reboot of the RDS service seemed to re-establish the link between the sensor and server (I initiated a collect and send) and after it passed info back to the server is went to passive and then to active within a few minutes.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community