Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr54
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Rogue System Detection policies are not working on ePO 5.3.3

Hello,

We want to use McAfee RSD on ePO 5.3.3 but it's not working.

The extention was installed without any problem, but when we want edit or use a policy, that says "An unexpected error occurred."

The version is RSD 5.0.6.123

RSD is also installed on our ePO 5.10 and works well, but we absolutely have to install rogue sensor on the 5.3.3 version.

We also tried to import policies from ePO 5.10 and apply on ePO 5.3.3, but it didn't work either.

Thanks for the support.

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator#RSD

7 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 8

Re: Rogue System Detection policies are not working on ePO 5.3.3

ePO 5.3 reached end of life March of this year. I would advise first removing the extension, then upgrading epo. You can check it back in after that, but you don't want to upgrade epo with any issues with an extension.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

mr54
Level 8
Message 3 of 8

There is any other solution that upgrading ePO ?
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

The only support provided for an end of life product is assistance upgrading it. You can try removing the extension and checking it back in if you want, to see if it fixes anything. If you do, disable policy and task retention first so it removes any possible policies causing the unexpected errors. After you check it back in, if you still get the same errors, you can see if additional logging might point you to something. Be sure to not leave that enabled after you get any info needed. logging unexpected errors. First do this: 1- Edit server\conf\orion\orion.properties 2- Replace 'orion.exception.show.detail=false' with 'orion.exception.show.detail=true' 3- Restart Tomcat Then reproduce the issue. Instead of "unexpected error" the console should give you a jstack trace.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

One additional thing you want to look at. In epo console, software, extensions, does the RSD extension show "running" or does it show anything like missing dependencies, shows in red or status is not running?

Was my reply helpful?

mr54
Level 8
Message 6 of 8

The RSD extension shows "running", like all the others

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Did you enable the extra logging per instructions I sent you? If so, what is the error that is shown in the Orion log when you duplicate issue?

Was my reply helpful?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

Also, did you previously have RSD checked in with a different version? What I would suggest, if the logging doesn't show anything useful, is to go to server settings, policy and task retention and ensure that is disabled. Remove the RSD extension, then re-check it back in and see if issue persists. If not, then go back to server settings and enable policy and task retention.

Was my reply helpful?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community