cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Rogue System Detection Sensor (RSD Sensor) on Linux or Raspberry

I’m wondering why there is no RSD Sensor for Linux or Raspberry pi systems. Only Windows systems are supported as sensors. I have customers with one headquarter and 50 branches (with only a few systems). So I need a windows server in each branch?

How about a small Linux system with RSD sensor embedded?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Rogue System Detection Sensor (RSD Sensor) on Linux or Raspberry

Hi moerike8,

We say that an RSD sensor is 'best' placed on a server as it (the server) is on 24hrs a day, as such it gives full 'sensor' coverage.

You can deploy an RSD to a Client device if you wish, many customers do because like your example here there is no server setup to utilise!

Here is some information around RSD;

• Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for Rogue System Detection Technical Articles ID:   KB82323
  • Rogue System Detection 5.0.5 Product Guide
    Product Documentation ID:   PD26994
  • How to capture a network trace from a device installed with a Rogue System Detection sensorTechnical Articles ID:   KB82308
  • Found WinPCAP driver. Aborting installation (Rogue System Detection 5.0.x sensor fails to install) Technical Articles ID:   KB82306

The last two are examples of operation and with respect to the last one, so long as the MA is actually working as it should is the top call generator when a RSD sensor fails to install at all!

As to the 'linux' platform portion of your post, I can only suggest a 'Product Idea' previously called 'Product Enhancement (PER)' is created to have a Linux version of RSD.
As to the 'Rassberry Pi', its not an industry standard, nor is it widely used in industry which means demand for such a thing is low if there is any demand at all.
However, IMHO such a small device working in a network with such a low level of power consumption, low footprint, small size  etc does strike me as a very good idea to have such an offering to create and so use in all estates to be honest with you!

Personally I really like that as an idea!

Smiley Wink

• How to submit a new Product Idea (Product Enhancement Request) Technical Articles ID:   KB60021

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community