cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Rogue Sensor Policy Question

Jump to solution

In the policy catalog, for Rogue system detection 4.5 general policy, I have my server name under the general tab and it is enabled.

In my environment I have about 25 separate subnets and each have a sensor or two deployed and I'm covered, none are showing as uncovered.

My question deals with the interfaces tab, do I need to list each of my subnets there? What is the difference between populating or not populating the interfaces tab with my subnets?

Thanks in advance...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rogue Sensor Policy Question

Jump to solution

Interfaces deals with the actual NIC configuration. For example if you have two NICs one with a 192 address and another with some other address you can tell RSD to use only one of the interfaces.

If you have network comms requirements, or if you have the sensor on a dhcp or something is when it really comes in handy.

-KJ

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Rogue Sensor Policy Question

Jump to solution

Interfaces deals with the actual NIC configuration. For example if you have two NICs one with a 192 address and another with some other address you can tell RSD to use only one of the interfaces.

If you have network comms requirements, or if you have the sensor on a dhcp or something is when it really comes in handy.

-KJ

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community