cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Reverting Back To Previous Assignment

I assigned a temporary policy to an endpoint and would like to revert back to the original policy. Editing "assignment" for that policy gives me two choices: 1. Remove assignment and 2. New assignment. Which one of these options would allow me to select the original policy that I had seamlessly.
7 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Reverting Back To Previous Assignment

Hello User80967331,
Could you help us with some more details :

ePO Version, Policy for which Point product and the screen where you are seeing these options, is it the Policy Assignment screen?

Capture.PNG

Ideally breaking the inheritance and applying the old policy should do the job

Highlighted

ePO 5.9. 

(endpoint) --> actions --> view assigned policies --> Endpoint Security Firewall --> options --> edit assignment.

Once I click on edit assignment, my options are remove assignment or new assignment.

I too was expecting to see "break inheritance."

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Hello,

If possible please provide screenshot.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos!
Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Hello, 
True you should see break inheritance option, my test setup is ePo 5.10 and I do see break inheritance option :
Capture.PNG

In case you still don't see the option to break inheritance, switch to a different browser 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

Adding to Avi.
If you are using ePO 5.10 in that case please make sure that you are using ePO 5.10 Update 4.

Try to change the browser.

Try to see whether the ENS extensions are running or not.

If need, Also please try to upgrade the extensions as well.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos!
Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

Please select that endpoint in System Tree.

After that please go to the Agent>Edit/Modify Policies on Single Systems>Select the Point product and click on edit assignments and select Break inheritance and assign the policy and settings below after that from drop down in front of Assigned Policy select the previous assigned policy and save it.

Once the policy get saved please send a wake-up agent call to the endpoint and changes will get revert.

Also if the above reply is not helping you in that case please let me know the steps you are following or please provide any screenshots.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos!
Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank You,

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

All you need to do is change the break inheritance back to my org or whatever group it was set to and it will revert it back to your original assignment.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community