cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Admin access to ePO 5.9.1 not working

Hello,

I currently have an ePO version 5.9.1 running at a customer site. Customer had utilized the restore admin access function of the ePO but forgot what they changed the password to.

In trying to assist them, I notice that when using the restore admin access function, when trying to create a temporary admin account, once I hit submit I receive the messsage "could not create the new administrator."

However, when I look into the dbo.orionusers.mt table in the SQL database used for this epo, I can see the user has been created successfully. But attempting to login to the epo using this account fails with a "you have provided invalid credentials".

I even enabled the system account within that database table, but cannot login to the epo that way either.

I have tried to use the ePOIP tool to reset the password, and it says it did successfully, and the epoip log file says the password for the correct admin account has been changed and updated to the database successfully, but when attempting to login I still receive a "you have provided invalid credentials".

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is causing a total holdup of productivity

2 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Restore Admin access to ePO 5.9.1 not working

Having the message "you have provided invalid credentials" when you are 100% sure the password is correct could be a sign off the DB been full, is this an express version of SQL? does the DB have sufficient HDD?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Restore Admin access to ePO 5.9.1 not working

It will also show that error when there is any database connectivity issue, whether the db is full or not.  I would first confirm that the database connection is working properly.  Did any passwords change, dynamic ports in use in sql, or any other changes?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community