Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Removal of Broken extension / Server Task

Jump to solution

Hello Community,

I've got a Problem on my ePo:

When I try to check in an ENS product, the installation always fails with the following statement in orion.log:

com.mcafee.orion.core.ext.ExtensionException: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\extensions\installed\ENDP_FW_META\10.6.1.1298\install.xml:1168: java.sql.SQLException: Unable to update existing task: Endpoint Security-Firewall – Eigenschaftenübersetzungstask

The Server Task is marked as invalid because of an Vailidationerror that says:

ENDP_FW_META.propertyTranslator is not available.

Because of this I'm (and also the installer) not able to edit or remove this task.

It seems to me, that also the extension "ENDP_FW_META" is broken, because it is not running and no Module is mentioned. Trying to remove the Extension ended up with the same error mentioned above.

I think, that this extensions came up with Endpoint Security Firewall Extension 10.6 (September Update) out of the McAfee Endpoint Security for Mac 10.5 Package. Strange thing with this package is, that the available Version is 10.6.0.324 and the checked-in Version is 10.6.1.1298?!

Do you know a way, to get rid of the broken Server Task and Extension and do a clean install of this? I've also opened a case for this issue, but did not receive any result till now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Re: Removal of Broken extension / Server Task

Jump to solution

Hi there and thank you for your answer!

McAfee Support solved that issue today. It was quite easy for them, because they had the same issue some days before.

They've deleted the broken Task (and also a hidden one) out of the SQL-DB. Afterwards we were able to remove the extension and could reinstall the Bundle.

For others with the same issue SQL-Statements were:

Spoiler

select *from OrionSchedulerTaskMT where name like '%firewall%'

delete from OrionSchedulerTaskMT where id = ID of Task

If you like to have a look, the SA# is 4-21202284283.

The issue started after cleaning up the repository after server installation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Please send me your SR number and I will respond through SR.  I will probably need to look at logs and send you script to remove extension.  In the meantime, if you can access your policies, please export them along with assignments, and the firewall catalog.

When did issue start and what happened to break things?  If it was pretty recent, have you considered restoring the database and server files for the extensions?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi there and thank you for your answer!

McAfee Support solved that issue today. It was quite easy for them, because they had the same issue some days before.

They've deleted the broken Task (and also a hidden one) out of the SQL-DB. Afterwards we were able to remove the extension and could reinstall the Bundle.

For others with the same issue SQL-Statements were:

Spoiler

select *from OrionSchedulerTaskMT where name like '%firewall%'

delete from OrionSchedulerTaskMT where id = ID of Task

If you like to have a look, the SA# is 4-21202284283.

The issue started after cleaning up the repository after server installation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Glad it is fixed!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community