Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

RecordLogs: Manually Disabling Access Protection

Hi Community,

I'm working with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise(8.8.0.975) and ePolicy Orchestrator (4.6.6) and was wondering:
1) Does McAfee log to EPO or to the local machine if the user manually disables access protection?

2) Is there a way to make McAfee produce a log for when protection is disabled or to generate a notification?

Essentially, I am trying to have the system track if for some reason at any point protection is disabled.

Huy

2 Replies

Re: RecordLogs: Manually Disabling Access Protection

Moved provisionally to ePO for better handling.

andrep1
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: RecordLogs: Manually Disabling Access Protection

My suggestion would be not to let the users disable access protection. It is one of those key features you want on. When configured correctly stops the ability to stop the on access scanner as well as protecting file and registry keys for the mcAfee products.

But I'm not aware of any way to log it. You might want to log when the services get started or stopped, or the scanner get started or stopped.

That can be logged in ePO by turning on the appropriate event type in Menu, Configuration, Server Settings, Event filter

Message was edited by: andrep1 on 10/10/13 11:28:19 EDT AM
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community