cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on the ePO functionlity

- Wake on LAN from ePO possible? - shutdown user's computer from ePO possible? - Isolate affected computer, possible? (carbon black can)
4 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Question on the ePO functionlity

No, we can't shut down computer from epo unless you deploy some script using eedk.  Isolating a computer depends on software you are using.  EPO itself only manages the policies, etc. from the point products.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Let say there's alot threat found on the affected machine, may I know which product is able to isolate the machine? 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Check with the ENS team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Tech-Nic
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Hello @User95478885 

Maybe this idea can help you: (just take it as idea, i have not tested out this way) 
Create an automated response to check for malware (possibly only malware not handled?) 
AS subactions use "apply tag" and use tag (name like isolated) 
For this TAG do a policy assignment Rule with specific firewall rule of ENS Firewall)
2nd Subaction: Wake up agent. 

You need to review the alert and remove TAG to get system back on track (or you do a kind of automation again to remove tag at a specific event of your client. 

Once again, i use nearly a similar idea for deploying an extra scan for "Threats not handled" , but i have NOT tested out your idea. 

Cheers
Nic

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community