Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlosBe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Queries for Registered Servers

I dont see too many queries for registered servers and wanted to see if there was one in particular that anyone has written.    We have over 60 registered EPO servers into our primary EPO server.   All of those 60 are over satellite connections.   We register them for policy sharing and it takes forever.    We find that if we set one ship at a time and manage that way, we can be more effective at policy sharing.   The problem is I cant tell which registered servers have policy sharing enabled and which dont.  Is there a query that can be run to help identify those that are enabled? 

6 Replies
cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Queries for Registered Servers

I am not aware of any query or which table or tables that info is contained in.  I know the orionregisteredserversmt table lists your servers, and the epopolicypushtimestamp might show which server a policy was pushed to, but I don't have any registered servers to test that with.  You can possibly create a query by going to new query, logging, task log entries and filter for messages or sub messages that would contain sharing or other similar wording that shows in an actual task log entry for policy push.  One thing you might be able to do is run a query on each other epo database:

select * from epopolicyobjectsmt where serverid='name of source epo server'

If it returns results, then you know that server is receiving shared policies.  If it returns no results, policies are not being shared.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

CarlosBe
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

We do policy sharing with every EPO server that is registered so there are events at some point.  he problem with your recommendation is that if we have to push policies to one EPO server, we dont know which other EPO servers are set to share policies with.    What ends up happening is the the policy share task gets hung  and doesnt terminate.    Something I have to restart the DB and APP server to get the task to terminate.    

I am hoping that there is some relief in the future with enhancements to policy sharing as it seems to be antiquated and the same as it was from version 4.x. 

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

You might then want to submit your idea for improvement per KB60021.  I agree, it could use some improvements.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

CarlosBe
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

I previously created a feature enhancement request and escalated to  our account manager.   Still no response..... 😭

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Keep pushing for it with your account manager.  Can you send me the enhancement request link please?

Was my reply helpful?

CarlosBe
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community