Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

QQ about enabling ePO orion.log debug logging

Jump to solution

Hi Heroes,

As KB52369 describes:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB52369

Restart the Tomcat (ePO Application Server) service
McAfee recommends that you use the following procedure to automatically restart the service. But, note that after editing LOG-CONFIG.XML, debugging is enabled within a few minutes by default, even without restarting this service. Restarting the service automatically adjusts the log level.

Can you elaborate more, does it means afer enabling orion debug logging, we now dont have to restart tomcat service anymore right?

If yes then it's really good news as in the production environment we really dont want to restart any mcafee ePO services if not necessarily...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: QQ about enabling ePO orion.log debug logging

Jump to solution

Hello @gl1221 

Thanks for your post.

Once the debug is enabled in logconfig.xml file you will get more information in the Orion.Log.

Yes you are absolutely correct , after removing warn and entering DEBUG you do no need to restart the service and debug will get automatically enabled in few minutes.

So no need to restart the service.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 2

Re: QQ about enabling ePO orion.log debug logging

Jump to solution

Hello @gl1221 

Thanks for your post.

Once the debug is enabled in logconfig.xml file you will get more information in the Orion.Log.

Yes you are absolutely correct , after removing warn and entering DEBUG you do no need to restart the service and debug will get automatically enabled in few minutes.

So no need to restart the service.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members? 

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community