Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Push Agent with AD Sync issues

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am new to ePO, but have successfully installed version 5.3.0 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server (which is also a backup domain controller), and have manually pushed the agent to some of the clients in our domain.  I have also registered our active directory server in ePo, and have successfully setup and run an AD sync server task to add the remaining computers to the system tree.  I would like the agent to be automatically pushed to new clients that are discovered during an AD sync, and from what I have read, this should be an easy task to setup.  However, I can't find WHERE to set this up.  When I setup the AD sync server task, there is no option to enable/disable pushing the agent to newly discovered clients.  In addition, when I use the Guided Configuration dashboard to perform an AD sync, the Push Agent option is grayed out, so I can't select it, and is says "Push settings: not configured" and the "Configure Settings" button is also grayed out.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Re: Push Agent with AD Sync issues

Jump to solution

Hello BFranklin03

configuration of Push task :

1: Click on System tree.

2. highlight the group , below My organization

3 Click on Group details , click on edit ad1.jpg

4. scroll down , to the push agent , and configure ad2.jpg

5. When you are done. don't forget to save .

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Okay thats a simple one.

Solution a) is you create a new query that filters for systems in your Systemtree-syncfolder that have no agent installed. Then you create a new servertask thats runs for example hourly, select the query you created and as a subtask you run the "deploy McAfee Agent" task with all the details you like add there.

Solution b) would be to create a global Client-task attached to your Systemtree-root or if you like it better to your ad-sync-folder. Here you can create an Agent-Deployment task. In this case i would choose the "run immediately" option.

If you  need more advice feel free to ask.

Regards

Dan

Best regards
Dan
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello BFranklin03

configuration of Push task :

1: Click on System tree.

2. highlight the group , below My organization

3 Click on Group details , click on edit ad1.jpg

4. scroll down , to the push agent , and configure ad2.jpg

5. When you are done. don't forget to save .

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks, that's the screen I was looking for.  I just didn't know where to find it.  Everything works great now when new PCs are added to AD, and I also have a task that deploys the agent to any unmanaged system every hour just in case it didn't get deployed when it was initially added to AD.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community