Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Product Deployment - skip deploment based on tag

We are currently deploying DLP. We have about 200 departments but only about 50-75 will be getting DLP. There are certain computers within those departments that will NOT be getting DLP installed for various reasons. I have already tagged those appropriately. I would love to use the product deployment so I can just select all the departments have them under one deployment but I can't seem to find a way to NOT deploy to the specified/tagged machines. I can create the 50-75 individual client tasks and set it to not deploy based on the tag but that is a lot to manage. Especially when upgrades need to happen.

What would be the recommendation for this?

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Product Deployment - skip deploment based on tag

We can create task on machine group in system tree, move all those machines to that group where wanted to deploy dlp.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 6

@Hem - But the machines are already in the groups based off of department (syncs from AD). That is how we want to deploy them. Basically.. if a new computer gets automatically added to that department, DLP will install. If I move all the machines to one group I will not be able to tell what department they belong to and if future computers should get DLP or not.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

If they are tagged appropriately, then when you create the task, you have an option to not send it to systems that have a certain tag.  To do that, you would need a tag that is for the no dlp systems.  You would then use "and has none of these tags:" option.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 5 of 6

@cdinet - Not to be rude.. but did you read my post? In the original post I stated that I know I can do that but I was looking for a quicker way than creating 75 different deployments.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Why would you need to create all individual tasks?  Yes, I read your post.  Here is what I was suggesting, but it is making assumptions on how your systems are tagged.

1.  If systems are tagged to deploy or not to deploy - simple tagging, one or the other.

2.  Create one deployment task at my org, send to computers with tag deploy and does not have tag not to deploy.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community