Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sham1am
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Pre-installation Auditor blocks products not installed

Jump to solution

I'm trying to upgraded McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator from 5.9.1 to 5.10. The pre-install auditor is flagging products as "blocked", even though, to the best of my knowledge, those products aren't installed. 

Blocked:
Data Center Connector 3.6.1.105 (OPENSTACK) - requires Data Center Connector 5.2.104
Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders 5.0.4.113 (EEFF) - requires Endpoint Encryption for File and Folders 5.0.6.0
Usage Metering 4.0.0.153 (UsageMetering) - requires Usage Metering 5.2.0.100

When I look in Software Manager, none of those products are checked in or installed. I do see we have File and Removable Media Protection 5.0.4.113 checked into Evaluation branch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pre-installation Auditor blocks products not installed

Jump to solution

Hello Sham1am

The product compatibility list will look into the Extensions checked in on your ePO server, could you please check if the exist on: Menu > Software> Extensions

Please ensure that you can execute successfully a Server task with name "Download product compatibility list" as it downloads a compatibility .xml file form epo.mcafee.com

please let us know how it goes after this step

View solution in original post

3 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hello Sham1am

The product compatibility list will look into the Extensions checked in on your ePO server, could you please check if the exist on: Menu > Software> Extensions

Please ensure that you can execute successfully a Server task with name "Download product compatibility list" as it downloads a compatibility .xml file form epo.mcafee.com

please let us know how it goes after this step

View solution in original post

sham1am
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes, that worked. I found the outdated extensions in menu you indicated, and removed them. I guess this can be attributed to my own lack of experience, but it would be nice if all of the installed extensions appeared in Software Manager...

There is a daily scheduled task to download the compatibility list, which is completing successfully. However, when I check it in Server Information,  the "Current Product Compatibility List date" is 5/11/20. Is that expected, or should be today's date?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

That is expected, as that will only change if the product compatibility list itself changes and needs to be updated.  Mine shows same date.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community