cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Post Upgrade 5.10.0 trouble

My organization recently upgraded from 5.3.2 to 5.10.0. We followed all the steps listed here,  https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-installation-guide/page/GUID-A6F99199-1B2...

It took over a week to get through all the requirements (upgrading SQL, Product Compatibility, and near continuous DB reindexing). The last major step is migrate SHA1 certificates, which was very successful after an hour (98%).

However, once the process was complete, I was unable to run client tasks, scheduled or manually. So after some research, I followed https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66616 and upgraded the SSL certificatein steps 8-15. When I did that, I was able to run client tasks, but all of my agents stopped checking in!

So I ended up reinstalling all my agents.

After such a total rigmarole to update ePO, I am completely baffled why I had to deploy every agent in the end. What was the purpose of the migrating certificates by agent if we were going to end up in a quagmire? I really wish McAfee would provide its customers an image for ePO on a Linux platform so we would not have to waste so much time with all the McAfee incompatibility quirks during an upgrade.

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Post Upgrade 5.10.0 trouble

Without looking at data to see what went wrong, you may or may not have had to redeploy agents - much of that is fixable without that. I can't give you cause without seeing what the client errors were, epo server errors and state. As for epo on Linux, please submit an idea for it per kb60021.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

Re: Post Upgrade 5.10.0 trouble

I appreciate your prompt reply.

I am not sure it is productive to open another support case and dissect the root-case. I was simply trying to say our client tasks were reliable before the upgrade. I followed all the steps from the guide and engaged support during the process. After the upgrade, I could not run a client task. 

I decided to go with the KB66616 steps 8-15 (based on a community post and my research) and the client tasks functionality returned, but I had to redeploy the agents.

I think by following all the checklist steps (including all pre-update checks), the client tasks should not have gotten to the point where they were not working. The wizard should test that functionality and identify that to the ePO administrator. That is all I am trying to say.

I did not know I had access to a feature request, I will submit my idea for a Linux image as you recommended.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community